Re: 8i to 9i migration, performance issues

From: Bill \ <bthater2_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:25:13 -0500

Daniel Morgan wrote:
> More wrote:
>

>> Do we loose features of 9i, if we set this parameter?
>> optimizer_feature_enable=817
>> CBO in 9i is different then CBO in 8i?
>>
>> Thanks,

> You lose access to all of those things added to 9i that were not in 8i.
>
> I wouldn't do it ... I'd tune the code.

but that's because you CAN tune the code, the OP may not be able to, or may not have access to it.;-)
Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
"I'm going to work my ticket if I can..." -- Gilwell song
                 william.thater_at_carrier.utc.com
Don't Panic. The Earth is just being demolished for a hyperspace bypass.