Re: How can that be (SQL, v$temp_space_header and dba_tablespaces)

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:55:26 -0500

I found something this morning. Documented behaviour, but still strange behaviour.

From the doc:
You cannot join dynamic views. You can query the dynamic performance views to extract information from them. However, only simple queries are supported. If sorts, joins, GROUP BY clauses and the like are needed, you should copy the information from each V$ view into a table (for example, using a CREATE TABLE ... AS SELECT statement), and then query from those tables.
Because the information in the V$ views is dynamic, read consistency is not guaranteed for SELECT operations on these views. "

The ORDERED hints makes it work though so I`ll just use it but if someone could explain this rationally I'd be very happy !

--
Syltrem

OpenVMS 7.3-1 + Oracle 9.2.0.3
http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem (OpenVMS related web site, en français)