Re: SQL Fun Challenge #3

From: FlameDance <flamedance_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:27:15 +0100

Mark C. Stock wrote:

> i really don't think we know enough details about the operating environment

That reflects my feelings when working with Oracle. Even after quite a while of self study and working in the field I never have the feeling I know enough details about the operating environment.

> what about crosswinds? tunnels? what type of power are the trains running
> under -- could smoke/noise/electromagnetic fields have a bearing? how does
> the bird connect to the database...

Well, he had it pretty much idealized: Constant speed, bird assumed as mathematical point, ... which again reflects my impression of the Oracle documentation: Real systems I encountered were never as tidy as they should be, when reading the documents.

So todays challenge was to discover the Aesopian style fable? ;-)
Stephan Received on Fri Mar 12 2004 - 07:27:15 CST