Re: SQL Trace Output - Query vs Disk - Are they mutually exclisive?

From: srivenu <srivenu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Mar 2004 00:57:41 -0800

> It Actually Satisfied the Query using one Block but Since u havea very Low
> Arraysize u are getting 4 Consistent Reads.
> Just Increase your Arraysize and repeat the example.

I dont think it is due to a small array size. In that case you would have seen more fetch calls. Here we have only 2 fetch calls the second one not retrieving any rows( in fact used by SQL*PLUS to see that no more rows are retrieved)

I have seen the Query count increasing by 3 or 4 blocks more than disk reads.
I dont know which block oracle is pinning more than once in CR mode. ( I suspect that it is the PAGETABLE SEGMENT HEADER block). That's a question better left for Jonthan. regards
Srivenu Received on Fri Mar 12 2004 - 02:57:41 CST