Re: RAC alternatives: do you have suggestions? (HELP!)

From: koert54 <nospam_at_spam.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:14:50 GMT

We did the same thing after being Oracle's playground in a critical HA environment. This
was a RAC cluster on Win2000 (bugs, hangs, split-brains you name it we had it)
For cold fail-overs - we use AIX/HACMP a lot - but my favorite is Tru64 cluster - the fail-overs
are very fast because of the clustered filesystem (out of the box - no oracle crap). Personaly, it's
the only platform I would run RAC on again. We still have Tru64 with 8i OPS running - never gives a kick...