Re: dumb question- can you backup only data from tables? DBA sez no

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:41:06 -0500

With IMPort you can use ROWS=Y INDEXES=N IGNORE=Y TABLES=(list of tables to be loaded) CONSTRAINTS=N GRANTS=N

That will load the data in tables previously created with your "setup script".

It should not do anything else than that, if the tables already exist (otherwise it would create the tables with no indexes).

Have your DBA looked at any trace files or alert log in search of more info on the cause of the problem?
Has he tried tracing the application to see what it was trying to do at the time of the error?
It could have just been a problem with privileges. Running your "setup script" evidently took care of that. An EXPort/IMPort could not fix that.

--
Syltrem

OpenVMS 7.3-1 + Oracle 8.1.7.4
http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem (OpenVMS related web site, en français)