Dataguard for Oracle10g?

From: James Attard <james_attard_at_ieee.org>
Date: 11 Mar 2004 02:52:13 -0800

Is there a software similar to the one which comes with the Oracle9i, DATAGUARD for Oracle10g? I'd like to create a standbye database using DATAGUARD, which although it's a bit hard to configure, seems to be a very nice package. I would consider other manual approaches as well, but have not found a good document for the Oracle 10g scenario neither...

Also, is it possible to create a standby database on another O/S platform (say the production live database is on a Solaris, whereas the standby database is on a Linux box). Received on Thu Mar 11 2004 - 04:52:13 CST