Creating a logical standby

From: Rick van Ek <rick.v.ek_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:17:58 +0100

I'm trying to install a logical standby database manually, it keeps failing in starting logminer properly. It also states the last logfile applied is 0.

Did is what I basically did:

Prim:alter system archive log current;
Prim:select name from v$archived_log where dictionary_log='YES' and standby_log='NO' ;
Prim:shutdown immediate
copy all files including controll -> new location
Log:edit init.ora (name_space added and correct pathnames)
Log:start new instance
Log:rename database- and redo files alter database rename file '/.../...' to
'/..../...' ;
Log:rename database nid target=/ dbname=new_sid
Log:change dbname in init.ora
Log:create spfile
Log:start with spfile database open resetlogs
Log:alter database register logical logfile '/.../.../...';
Log:alter database start logical standby apply initial ;  ( doesn't this
need a scn?)
set the listeners configuration properly Prim:alter system set log_archive_dest_4='service=servicename' ; Prim:system set log_archive_dest_state_4=enable; Add database to dataguard with wizard

Does anyone has experience with it, can some one help me with an example script to get the order ad statements correctly? I'm stuck here for three week .

---