Re: How to apply archived redo logfiles on a consistent database

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:58:40 +0100

"Karen Byrd" <kybyrd_at_mail.med.upenn.edu> a écrit dans le message de news:9ca71242.0403050953.6db8ea94_at_posting.google.com...
> Situation:
> I have an offline/cold backup
> Database running archive log mode
> I have all archived redo log files until today.
>
> I want to restore the offline/cold backup.
> I want to apply all redos(roll foward).
>
> After restoring Oracle will find the database in a consistent state
> and won't let me apply archived logs.
>
> Yes, I only mounted the database. Not opened it.
>
> What is the proper recover command to do this:
>
> recover database [dbname]
>
> or
>
> recover database [dbname] using backup controlfile

I don't test it but it seems to me there is 2 ways: 1- don't restore the control file, use the current one and "recover database" 2- if you lose your control file, after the restore, don't open the database, dump the control file: alter database backup control file to trace, recreate the control file with the file generated and use "recover database using backup control file".

May be there is a simpler way.

Regards
Michel Cadot Received on Fri Mar 05 2004 - 12:58:40 CST