global temporary table and connection pooling

From: Barnoit <jbarney_ca_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: 5 Mar 2004 09:04:38 -0800

The environment I'm running is apache/tomcat and oracle 816. I'm using global temporary tablespaces in certain cases( they were created using on commit preserve rows option as it is a multipart query), and then the table is truncated after the last query has executed. I've noticed that occasionally if I run two independent queries using 2 different sessions, and the second query accesses the temp table before the first session has truncated it, I'm seeing results from the first session. I thought that the global temporary tables were supposed to be restricted to the session. Does this have anything to do with connection pooling? Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Received on Fri Mar 05 2004 - 11:04:38 CST