Re: Oracle support......

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:41:09 GMT

rich wrote:
> Oracle support used to be simple: Call 1-800-223-1711, open a new tar
> and speak to a human. Now I goto metalink, open a tar, hope someone
> on the west coast get assigned to it, then hope I get a reply within
> 24 hours. Usually, I get an analyst from India, Australia, etc.....We
> never cross wire at the same time, and it usually takes 7days to close
> a TAR now.
>
> Anyone else fed up with it?

Yup.

Just had a loop with them around installation of OCS R2 on Linux (UL1) - turns out the infrastructure will not install properly unless you have reverse DNS lookup which is not documented. Worked through this with the support people and finally installed DNS in the lab to get the thing working.

Opened a follow up TAR to help them fix the documentation, and they are bold enough to a) tell me I used the wrong procedure to open a doc bug, and b) tell me that DNS and reverse DNS is not a requirement.

Sigh!

/Hans
forbrich at telusplanet then_a_dot net Received on Wed Feb 25 2004 - 11:41:09 CST