Re: Importing sql server 7/2000 database into Oracle

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:28:05 GMT

Have a look at using SQL Server's Data Transformation Services to pull the data from SQL Server and push it into Oracle. This way, you can bypass the text file method. As has been said, stored procedures are an entirely different manner and most likely will have to be recoded if at all possible.

HTH,
Brian

E Sullivan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to import a MS sql server 7 or 2000 database into Oracle?
> Also, if this is possible, would it be better to just import tables and no
> stored procedures?
>
> thanks,
>
> Ellie

Brian Peasland