RAC Question: What do the fields on GV$GCSHVMASTER_INFO mean?

From: Ernest Siu <ernestsiu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2004 10:36:38 -0800

INST_ID: instance ID
HV_ID: hash ID
CURRENT_MASTER: current master instance ID PREVIOUS_MASTER: previous master instance ID REMASTER_CNT: remaster count

I got description of each fields like above but the values do not make sense to me. For example:

INST_ID: 2
HV_ID: 453
CURRENT_MASTER: 0
PREVIOUS_MASTER: 1
REMASTER_CNT: 1 As I read the above, it means that for the cache block with hash value 453 on instance 2, the current master is 0 and previous master is 1. Well, there's no instance 0, but only instance 1 and 2. Does that mean it does not have current master? Maybe, but next we look at:

INST_ID: 2
HV_ID: 477
CURRENT_MASTER: 0
PREVIOUS_MASTER: 32767
REMASTER_CNT: 1 What does previous master 32767 mean? I don't think anybody have a 32767 node cluster?! Is it really -1? Sure but what does -1, 0 means when referring to instance ID? Instance IDs start from 1, 2, 3...etc.

Any clue?
Ernest Received on Tue Feb 24 2004 - 12:36:38 CST