Re: rman recover/restore from backup

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:47:13 -0800

Hello Richard,

   Hope, for a last time:

   Read *WHAT user said*:

"This is a development db so if a few things got lost it was no big deal. Somebody should have said (and in so many words they did)"

   This was a REAL database, real USERS, real LIFE. Development database considered INTERNAL PRODUCTION.

   In a big company you'd have enormous pressure to get it back - both from employees and management.

  If DBA can not recover database and decide recreated it - it is back in use IMMEDIATELY. It is not a TOY. Touch it again - and consequences can be dare.

   If you need some data from the old database - Best you can do is to perform TSPIRT on tablespaces you need and move them to the NEW database.

  Doing TSPITR you DO NOT IMPACT PRODUCTION DATABASE - this is what is important.

 Anything else that requires additional downtime is RECKLESS!

  If this simple logic misses you, that you definitely can be a hero of your own comedy.

Regards,

  Ron
  DBA Infopower
  http://www.dbainfopower.com