Re: A design question

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:48:44 -0800

Blueyonder wrote:

> This question is not strictly Oracle only but as I'm using Oracle 8i I
> couldn't think of a better place to post it!
>
> Anyway my problem/qustion is that I have a record that has in access of 200
> fields - all the fields relate entirely to a record. Virtually all fields
> are optional e.g NULL.
>
> harry

I'd start by re-examining the concept of any data row with 200 columns. In fact I'd start having serious reservations about 40 or more. I understand your statement but suspect some normalization is likely in order.

About auditing ... I'd have to know the purpose of the audit to comment. It might be that Workspace Management would solve the problem.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu