Re: Personal Oracle Patch for XP

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:27:50 +1100

"Ron" <support_at_dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:JsednW0jQtUw2and4p2dnA_at_comcast.com...
> I am thankful to Pete as well for the wonderful advice on how to get
> metalink access.
>
> But there is no reason to twist what I said

I didn't, as anyone can check.

> - Oracle does provides otn dev.
> license for free.

And yet again, an utter irrelevance. The guy posted a question about getting PATCHES. Patches are available from METALINK. Metalink access is not given away as part of the free license.

So your observations have no relevance to the original poster, nor to the question asked. Which is pretty average for your particular track-record, I realise.

Are you just winding people up here? Or are you indeed just stupid?

> If you work for a company that has metalink access - why not to ask your
> work buddy to get it for you?

Because, you idiot, if the COMPANY had metalink access, then ALL that company's employees could access it. In which case, the original poster would not then have needed to post a question here about how to GET access in the first place. Ergo, it was apparent the original poster DOESN'T work at a company with metalink access.

Anyway, you didn't say anything about getting his "work buddy" to access it for him (which would be a bloody stupid bit of laziness in itself, think you not?). You said "Your best bet to get one of your metalink-accessing friends to download it for you.".

"Friend", not "colleague", "work buddy" or "fellow employee".

> Are you enjoying this, Mr. Howard?

Quite the contrary. You are a waste of bandwidth. And I don't like wasting my bandwidth. But I will until you get the hint, from me and from others, that few, if any here, welcome your "contribution" here.

HR Received on Wed Feb 18 2004 - 23:27:50 CST