Re: Options for wide-area database?

From: bandar <bandar_at_gmx.net>
Date: 17 Feb 2004 10:34:30 -0800

Dusan,

you are absolutely right that those stretch clusters are working. My point is that I think the investments you have to make in bandwidth are not reasonable. Database log shipping can be performed e.g. with a 400 GB SAP database with only 2-4 MBit bandwidth. I don't have numbers for stretch clusters but I think the bandwidth is significant higher.