Re: Install of Oracle 9i on Redhat 9

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 01:08:36 GMT

sean wrote:

> Hi all,
> Novide here
> following Dizerll's instructions for installation, but am getting an
> error not mentioned in his guide:

That's Dizwell to you <g>

While I prefer Howard's site for clarity, you should keep Werner's site at http://www.puschitz.com as a backup since he has more complete & practical Linux experience going way back.

> Error in writing to file
> /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0/Apache/Apache/conf/ssl.key/server.key
>
> any ideas ?

Sounds like a permissions problem. Did you run the root.sh at the right time?

> I have all the latest patches etc from RHN

Sad.

You now have overpatched the system and applied the latest glibc - which is incompatible with the Oracle install. Which was explained in the document. (Which implies you didn't read it carefully.)

You may want to re-read the instructions and follow them more closely.

/Hans Received on Mon Feb 16 2004 - 19:08:36 CST