Re: What is the best way to copy 2G table data between two databases

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 16 Feb 2004 11:15:57 -0800

"Ron" <support_at_dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:<ipCdnUyQAO_LLbLdRVn-sw_at_comcast.com>...
> Hello David,
>
> Also, you can use transportable tablespaces approach ( requires
> maintenance window since tablespace should be placed into r/o mode, IMHO -
> would not use it for 2GB)

create a new user with a new tablespace that it defaults to. Create table as nologgign by this user. Transport that user. No downtime.

Easiest method is to just use a DB-Link create table as nologging. The create your indexes in parallel(all at the same time) with either using dbms_job, cronjob or opening a bunch of sqlplus sessions.