Re: ALert Log File(External Table)

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 13:22:37 +0100

"MATHEW KING" <bzbzzb_at_hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:528c8daf.0402150253.5109e457_at_posting.google.com...
> Dear Ron and everyone,
>
> Thanks for giving the useful information about the external table.
> But when I query the external table it don't display the full text .
>
> For Example:
>
> I got the following text from the actual alert log file:
>
> control_files = D:\Oracle\oradata\GERMAN\CONTROL01.CTL,
> D:\Oracle\oradata\GERMAN\CONTROL02.CTL,
> D:\Oracle\oradata\GERMAN\CONTROL03.CTL
>
> But when I query the external table it display the following text:
>
> control_files = D:\Oracle\oradata\GERMAN\CONTROL01.CTL
>
> How should we display the full text of the above control_files
> parameter in the external table.
>
> Currently I am using Varchar2(4000) datatype for the text column, but
> the nature of the alert file is extendable, that's why I wanted to use
> the clob datatype ,but external tables do not support lob datatypes.
>
> I also like to say the by default the external table log file is
> generated on the same path where the actual alert log files is
> situated.
> Could we mention the path for external table log files ?
>
> THANKS
>
> M.KING
As Brian said, have a look at Robert Freeman example: http://www.revealnet.com/pipelines/dba/tips02.htm#may

You'll see:
create table e_alert_log
(detail_line VARCHAR2(2000) )
 ORGANIZATION EXTERNAL
 (TYPE oracle_loader
 DEFAULT DIRECTORY alert_dir
 ACCESS PARAMETERS
 ( RECORDS DELIMITED BY NEWLINE
    nobadfile
    nologfile
    nodiscardfile
    FIELDS TERMINATED by ' '
    MISSING FIELD VALUES ARE NULL
    (detail_line )
)
 LOCATION('alert_prjd.log') )
 parallel 5
 REJECT LIMIT UNLIMITED; If you want to keep the logfile, change nologfile to logfile '...'.

Regards
Michel Cadot Received on Sun Feb 15 2004 - 06:22:37 CST