Re: Oracle 10g kills 8i listener

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:39:18 -0800

Hello Howard,

 I really appreciate your dedication in following this matter.

 I guess you have problems accessing the metalink, so here we go (below)

  As I suggested, please lets stop this word-clinging ridicule.

Regards,

  Ron
  DBA Infopower
  http://www.dbainfopower.com
  Standard disclaimer:
http://www.dbainfopower.com/dbaip_advice_disclaimer.html

Doc ID: Note:235562.1
Subject: Issues affecting Automatic Service Registration Type: BULLETIN
 Content Type: TEXT/PLAIN
Creation Date: 15-APR-2003
Last Revision Date: 16-MAY-2003

3) Use the INIT.ORA LOCAL_LISTENER parameter to define a dummy address.

   Automatic Service Registration will not occur if the LOCAL_LISTENER

   parameter is present.

Another one:

     How to Disable AutoRegistration of an Instance with the Listener
     Type: Note Doc ID: 140571.1
     Score: 26% Modified Date: 21-MAR-2003

To disable auto registration add the local_listener parameter to the init< sid>.ora file or in the spfile to specify a dummy address.

PMON will reject the invalid address and will not attempt to register with port
1521.