Re: Oracle 10g kills 8i listener

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 13:51:54 +1100

"Ron" <support_at_dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:SN6dnXocS6rJR7Pd4p2dnA_at_comcast.com...

> Hello Howard,
>
> I really appreciate your dedication in following this matter.
>
> I guess you have problems accessing the metalink, so here we go (below)
>
> As I suggested, please lets stop this word-clinging ridicule.

The difference between PMON attempting to register with a non-existent listener, and PMON not attempting to register with anything, is obviously one that escapes you.

It doesn't however escape me.

You cannot *disable* instance registration with local_listener. You can merely take control the process. The process nevertheless goes on regardless.

HJR Received on Sat Feb 14 2004 - 20:51:54 CST