Re: SERVEROUTPUT Status

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:07:19 -0500

Hello again!

The way I use it now suits me very well, and I was only asking "why not ever use it?" because I thought maybe there was a big performance issue with it, or something else that I should be aware of and would mean that I must stay away from dbms_output in production.

The way our system works, messages are output to the log file and sometimes also in an Oracle table. If the job bombs out someone is emailed with the log file and he's got all the details in there (thanks to dbms_output). Important jobs are also logged into an Oracle table for later reference.

Thanks for all your answers everyone !

--
Syltrem

OpenVMS 7.3-1 + Oracle 8.1.7.4