Re: DBShadow by Aivant - Opinions / Experiences

From: Dirk Ehlert <dirk.ehlert_at_volkswagen.de>
Date: 12 Feb 2004 05:31:01 -0800

Charles,

we've been using DBShadow for almost three years now (non-SAP, 300GB, 18.000 users).

The were few situations (media failures and logical corruptions) in which DBShadow helped us to avoid a full database restore.

Also in common planned change situation (appl. release upgrade) DBShadow has proven to be a valuable fall-back strategy.

Compared to other products like Oracles Dataguard to me DBShadow seems to be much more simplier to setup, maintain and operate.

I don't want to miss it ...

Kind regards,
Dirk