OEM - Node Discovery Failed

From: jiggaman <jiggamanrocks_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Feb 2004 09:35:49 -0800

Hi,

I am trying to use OEM 2.2 to manage a few database that we have. however every time I run the Node Discovery wizard it fails giving the following Error
"Discovery Failed : VNI-4044 Cannot contact agent. Node may be down or, the network may be down or slow"

In the windows control panel under sevices I see that the Oracle<ORACLE_HOME>Agent services is running. however when i go the console into LSNRCTL and give the dbsnmp_status command it says "The db subagent is not started". Since I get that message i run dbsnmp_start and it just give the the LSNRCTL command prompt. Note that when i run the command dbsnmp_start is doesnt give me any error or success conformation messages. once again i check the status of the dbsnmp and it says the "the db subagent is not started". I also tried deleting all the files int eh <orahome>/network/agent directory and then started the service using windows control panel . I get no errors however when i try to discover the node it keeps failing.

Since this is a initial testing scenario I have two database instances running on the samebox and one of them contains the repository. I dunno if this is something that is creating the problem . do i need a seperate instance just for the repository? or is it something else that i need to fix.

Your help will be apprieciated

TIA Jigga Received on Mon Feb 09 2004 - 11:35:49 CST