Re: Why Oracle performance on Sun V880 is even worse than PC server?

From: Burt Peltier <burttemp1ReMoVeThIs_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 03:26:15 -0600

Based on this info, I would look at following on both systems, in this order:

  1. Anything else running in database and on the server (other than Oracle).
  2. Oracle files and on what type of disks system.
  3. Index info, trigger code?, constraints?, parallel degree?, chaining?, extents
  4. SGA
  5. OS messages?, Oracle alert.log messages?

The above shouldn't take long to check to ensure equal environments, which I suspect it is not.