Re: yipeee!

From: Mark A <ma_at_switchboard.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 06:51:57 -0700

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:30p9209m7ej6epctkncdgut2u2ivlekhnl_at_4ax.com...
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:24:51 -0700, "Mark A" <ma_at_switchboard.net>
> wrote:
>

> >You may not think that a true parallel query environment (what you call
> >share nothing) is important, but if you look at the client list of
Teradata
> >and IBM who have implemented that technology, it would be obvious that
you
> >are wrong.
>
> Apparently you are unaware of Oracle Parallel Execution feature.
> It is recommended you do your homework prior to starting a flame to
> promote a competitor product.
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

I was responding to someone who said that share nothing is not important and that share everything scales just as well.

I don't know what you mean by "competitor product," since I am not associated with Oracle or IBM other than having used both products. But, I don't really understand why Oracle trolls come on this forum to denigrate Oracle competitors. Well, maybe I do understand. Received on Sat Feb 07 2004 - 07:51:57 CST