Re: yipeee!

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 08:28:05 -0800

Mark A wrote:

> I don't know what you mean by "competitor product," since I am not
> associated with Oracle or IBM other than having used both products. But, I
> don't really understand why Oracle trolls come on this forum to denigrate
> Oracle competitors. Well, maybe I do understand.

No one came to the DB2 forum to denigrate an Oracle competitor. Get over the insecurity. The OP asked a question about Oracle and DB2 and posted it to both forums. A response in one forum was a response in both.

I find it fascinating that in the Oracle forum ... Oracle developers and DBAs routinely criticize Oracle. They are honest, open, forthright, and willing to call bad support bad support, bad policies bad policies, and bad product implementations exactly what they are.

Apparently in the DB2 forum some are driven by insecurity, perhaps a fear of men in blue suits, because they react to every statement that doesn't heap praise upon DB2 as some kind of terrorist attack on God and Country.

Get over it! It is just software.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu