Re: Storing oracle procedures on server from inside.

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 08:35:25 -0800

Ger wrote:

> Hi all. Atm i am writing special system to store and restore
> information. There were diffirent ideas how to do this, all have
> pluses and minuses. Finally we desided to write system, what is
> creating stored procedures and function by inputed architecture. Now i
> have dilemma.
> I need to store code on oracle from inside oracle package. Any ideas
> how can i do this, exect using EXECUTE IMMEDIATE with whole
> procedure-function-package? Any offers? Awating for them. Thanking
> everyone.
> Answer here, or send mail to me a960807_at_ttu.ee (sorry for my
> univercity mail)...

I'd be happy to help you but would appreciate it if you found someone to help you with your English so that I have a better understanding of what you are writing and what you need.

If I understand your request ... you may not be wanting to use EXECUTE IMMEDIATE but rather the DBMS_SQL built-in package. The advantage of DBMS_SQL is the ability to execute strings of any size: Not limited to only 32K.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu