Re: Pulling data from Oracle

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:20:20 GMT

You can use SQL*Plus to pull the data and use the 'spool' command to store the data in a text file. Then, have your spreadsheet program (Excel?) open the text file. Excel will know that this is a text file and a wizard will ask you how to convert it to a spreadsheet (comma delimited, fixed width, etc).

HTH,
Brian

aybikem wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to pull quite a large amount of data from Oracle to
> a spread sheet. I still couldn't figure out a way to do this. I
> haven't work with databases before.
>
> Would you have any suggestions on how to approach such issue?
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> A.

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com