Table access slow

From: Felipe Mart?nez <homer_at_vodafone.es>
Date: 3 Feb 2004 10:08:32 -0800

Hi everybody!

I was trying to tune some tables in my Oracle 7.3.15 database yesterday and I decided to modify one table that seemed to have chained rows. So, after surfing for a while looking for docs, I backed up that table, truncated it and reinserted all the rows that I had backed up.
Now I have my table restored, but table access is extremely slow. Reports which used to generate in just 2 minutes they just won't come out for hours.
The table is about 30000 rows with varchars, numbers and dates. There are some indexes too, but they seem alright.

Can anybody, please tell me what's going on? Thank you Received on Tue Feb 03 2004 - 12:08:32 CST