Re: undo header congestion? (8.0.5)

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 07:09:25 +1100

"Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message news:hMNSb.37370$Wa.14254_at_news-

> Imagine a soccer team where you "size" the team appropriately. You have 12
> players (ie. one sub) and every one of the 12 players gets a fair go with
> minimal "I/O" (comings and goings).
>
> Imagine a soccer team where you had 100 players and each player had to
have
> a fair go. Imagine the excessive I/O's (coming and goings) you would have
as
> only 11 players can play at the same time.
>
> Imagine a rule change to soccer whereby a new player had to come on every
5
> seconds (a "checkpoint" occurred every five seconds). Even my squad of 12
> would have heaps on comings and goings (I/O)

Come off it Richard... all you have to do in this scenario is to adopt the "English Rules", whereby you are allowed more than 12 players at a time. Indeed, I seem to recall that the "English Rules" permit you to have as many players on the field as you want at any one time, provided you claim it was all just a silly mistake.

I realise you were talking soccer, and the "English Rules" really only apply to rugby, but I think the essence of the "English Rules" is to be as flexible as possible, isn't it?

Regards ;-)
HJR

--
Oracle insights at www.dizwell.com