Problem with Pro*C on Oracle 8i v 8.1.6 running on Linux 6.0 v2.2

From: James Butler <jameslori1815_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:53:10 -0600

The problem: When I run the make -f demo_proc.mk sample1 command on the linux command line to precompile, link, and build the sample1.pc source that comes with pro*c, I get error messages stating that it cannot open the standard C include files. The path to the include files, "/usr/include", is in the Include= directives in the pcscfg.cfg config file. The permissions on those directories and files are read access to group and world so anyone should be able to read those include files. I have the correct version of make, gcc, glibc for this version of Pro*C. Can anyone help me with this problem? I have searched the Oracle Documentation and the forums and cannot find where anyone has had this problem in the past.
Thanks in advance for any help with this issue. Received on Sat Jan 31 2004 - 11:53:10 CST