Re: (OT) Bad value in SPFILE. . . Database won't come up

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 29 Jan 2004 16:56:38 -0800

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<4016f739$0$28869$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> "Bricklen" <bricklen-rem_at_yahoo.comz> wrote in message
> > Howard J. Rogers wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Regards
> > > HJR
> > Welcome back Howard! How's the new place shaping up?
>
> Gorgeous. Apart from the snakes. We city boys are not exactly sure what to
> do with them, apart from run.

Had a huge, harmless gopher snake in my yard, I kept moving it down where the gophers are in hopes it would help me out. Crawled onto neighbors' deck, she called the Fire Department :-O

Most biting snakes can only strike 1/3 of the length of their bodies. So don't run, just back away slowly. Be aware that dead snakes can still reflexively bite, and without the volume limitation on poison they have when alive.
http://www.true-patriot.com/snakesaustralia.htm

Our cat has killed numerous rattlesnakes, and has been bitten twice that I've confirmed. One tough cat.

> The wombats are cute, though.

Still running Datatrieve? Man, you _are_ in the boonies! :-)

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.antionline.com/jargon/WOMBAT.php