Re: DB recreate script for 8i

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:27:02 GMT

Why not use export/import? Run export with ROWS=N and FULL=Y. Then, run import with SHOW=Y and FULL=Y and LOG=create_script.sql. The resulting create_script.sql will need some modification to get it to run correctly, but inside will be all of the DLL required to recreate every object in the database. Want the data too? Then use export/import to move the data as well.

HTH,
Brian

DAVID wrote:

> Hello Everyone.
>
> I want to recreate a copy of existing 8i database via running a SQL
> script.
> Could some one send a &#8220;database Recreate script&#8221; which can
> only run on 8i and recreate the copy of 8i database.
> This will be highly appreciated.
>
> David.

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com