Re: Effects of framentation

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:06:50 -0600

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:06:11 GMT, "VC" <boston103_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello Richard,

<snip>

>I've the same experince myself, at least for the last couple of years.
>
>The usual dialog on a metalink forum:
>
>1. Question: <anything>
>2. Support: <irrelevant or misleading response>
>3. Another participant (Mr. X) comes in and gives a useful answer.
>4. Support: Let's thank Mr. X. I am closing the problem as solved.
>

>Rgds.
>
>VC

I wish! My experience has been more like

  1. Question: <anything>
  2. (3 days later) Helooo??? Anyone home?
  3. (a week later) Helooo??? Anyone home?
  4. Support: <irrelevant or misleading response, usually very indicative that they didn't really read the original question>
  5. Another participant (Mr. X) comes in and gives a useful answer.
  6. Support: Let's thank Mr. X. I am closing the problem as solved.

I've often wished I had the time to do a study of the average response time between a MetaLink forum new question and initial Oracle response. This ng is so much more useful, that I seldom post questions on MetaLink anymore. Received on Thu Jan 29 2004 - 08:06:50 CST