Re: Effects of framentation

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:33:10 GMT

"Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com> wrote in message news:4018f75f$0$10059$cc9e4d1f_at_news.dial.pipex.com...

> I had an analyst ask if the system was production and when hearing that it
> was say 'OK we won't update X$... directly' recently. Is that good or bad?

Hi Niall

It's neither, it's plain scary !!

The issue of course is that support isn't cheap. I recently saw how much my current site is paying and when divided by the number of Disney holidays that would pay for (including airfares from Oz), I lost count !!

There seem to a whole new host of support folk providing input, but few of them seem to actually know what they're talking about. Except that is for the Oracle note they'd just quickly looked up before replying ;)

A number of iTars I've raised had gone nowhere until I eventually solved them myself and documented the various bugs and workarounds for them.

The question of value for money is, ... well questionable !!

Cheers

Richard Received on Thu Jan 29 2004 - 06:33:10 CST