10G self-managing database = sql_trace, timed_statistics, statspack turn on?

From: David <david_at_david.nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:42:44 +0800

anyone should know that 10G is self-managing database. But I don't know the detail of self-managing. Under my impression, the so-called self-managing database just like an Oracle database, with statspack installed and scheduled, and timed_statistics and sql_trace turn on, am I right (maybe add one more feature like Oracle Expert in OEM).

but I am also worry that if such information is scheduled to collect, will it affect the overall performance of the database?

(sorry about my impression since I am new to 10G.....) Received on Thu Jan 29 2004 - 06:42:44 CST