Re: "Agent Configuration Assistant"

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:49:59 +1100

"Eric" <ericd__at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:40186fab$1_2_at_news.cybersurf.net...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how I can complete the "Agent Configuration Assistant"
> configuration that was not completed during the installation? I can't find
> that submenu within the oracle group. As well as the HTTP configuration
that
> came right after
> "Agent Configuration Assistant". Can't find that one either.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Eric

Open a command line prompt of some sort (don't know if you're on Windows or Linux/Unix, but I hope you know what I mean!) and issue the command agentctl start (I'm also assuming you're on 9i. It's different on 8i). That will start the agent, and that's all the configuration you need.

Well, sort of. Actually, the agent merely interacts with the Listener, to ask what static declarations of services have been made in the listener.ora. So if your listener is configured correctly, then the agent should work just fine, too.

To check, find ORACLE_HOME/network/agent. You should find a file in there called services.ora. Most of its is pure gobbledygook, but if you can see the database you created listed in there, then the agent has picked things up from the listener correctly. If you can't, sort the listener out.

If for some reason the agent won't start, try deleting all the ".q" files in the O_H/network/agent directory, together with services.ora. They will get re-created when the agent does start up. With them deleted, try "agentctl start" once more.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu Jan 29 2004 - 01:49:59 CST