Re: Load balancing between an RAC database cluster and Top Link

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:46:54 GMT

> But Andrey's primary problem is one related to reading comprehension.
> Not once did I say it was cheap. It may be cost-effective but cheap it
> isn't going to be. What I said was the it was easily deployed. And if
> anyone wishes to disagree with me on that point I'll gladly take on the
> project at my standard consulting rate and prove my point. ;-)

I think that goes along with my second paragraph there...."Depending on the size of your business and the
employees who work there, you may or may not find this a difficult project. If it is too difficult for your shop to handle, the company might consider the requisite training of their personnel and maybe hiring a consultancy to handle some of the work. I suppose knowing that one could always hire knowledgable people to do the work of configuring a HA solution always eases the difficulty level significantly."

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com