Re: Oracle Corp. as Employer

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:53:55 GMT

James Taylor wrote:

> Hi,
> I apologize if this is not the right place to ask this question.... But
> I'll take my chance anyway.
>
> For those who have worked at Oracle Corp (or know someone).... I would like
> to have your comments/feedbacks on Oracle Corp as an employer, working
> environment, benefits, etc. Precisely, I am in the area of Montreal.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> James

I spent 6 years (1996 - early 2003) with Oracle Canada, based out of Edmonton. Enjoyed every minute. Some of my closest friends are/were in Oracle Canada, including a number who are/were based out of the Montreal office. (I also worked closely with Oracle and IBM from 1984 - 1996, just not as an employee.)

Environment is intense. Pay and benefits match. "Work hard, play hard" has meaning! Oracle is not a place to 'float along' - if you are driven to excellence through personal effort, it's a great place. If you have no self-motivation, you are likely to be disappointed.

/Hans
mail 2:forbrich at telusplanet dot net Received on Mon Jan 26 2004 - 11:53:55 CST