Re: Oracle Table Spanning

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:27:48 GMT

> Dear Daniel, there IS occurence when partitioning would not help - when all
> data at once is requered.

Even this is incorrect. If you throw your data into a partitioned table, and you query every single row in that partitioned table, then you can certainly achieve some nice affects because the table is partitioned. Just throw the partitions in different tablespaces on different physical volumes, and you've implemented something akin to striping. Nice positive affects!

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com