Re: HELP! migrating from NT to UNIX

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 07:33:51 -0800

Andrey wrote:

> Dear Sybrand! Questioner does not ask you to help him to keep his job. His
> question was how to migrate database. He must act corresponding to Oracle
> documentation, as well as sufficient number of internet resources about this
> topic. You tragic "fail miserable" makes me wonder if you really tries to
> help him or simple dramatizing situation.

Sybrand understood the OP and his advice was good. The OP needs to apologize and hand in his resignation. Taking a job for which you are totally unqualified is an ethical lapse ... not an opportunity.

Anyone offering advice to the OP is a fool, or worse, as the question asked is the subject of a book ... not a few quick paragraphs in a usenet group. The OP's question could be easily rephrased as "I just got a job as Head of Thoracic Surgery at the Mayo Clinic based on my personality ... please tell me how to remove a malignant tumor."

Being helpful sometimes means saying "No".

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu