Re: Full export/import doesn't carry javavm with it?

From: KevJohnP <nospam_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:02:09 +1300

The various Oracle DBMS options (Java, Text, XML etc.) are just too complex for import/export to handle as there are many things burried in SYS objects and use is made of all kinds of exotic database features to build these.

Install these DBMS options using the database configuration assistant either when you create the database or there is an option to add them to an existing database. Then perform your import.

For info, as far as import/export goes same thing applies to many App Server components (Workflow, Portal etc.). Best to think of import/export as a means to move your own data rather than any Oracle features in the DB.