Re: distributed database performace issues across network

From: KevJohnP <nospam_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:30:53 +1300

Copying data over a network is going to take longer than copying locally so taking twice as long does not sound beyond the realms of possibility.

You may want to consider some other means of speeding up the process if you are not doing so already such as running some of the create table as selects concurrently (you may be able to get four or five of these running concurrently before you max out your network bandwidth), using the parallel options on index creation etc.