distributed database performace issues across network

From: Maria <evoradba_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: 19 Jan 2004 17:00:08 -0800

Hi all

I have recently configured a Oracle database server 8.1.7.4.0 on Solaris 5.8. I have created 2 instances each with 1 schema then I have created links to copy data across, then creates the indexes locally on the schema, the entire process is taking 2 hours, mean while I have 1 server with only 1 instance which has 2 schemas and the same process takes about 1 hour. The server configuration is the same the database configuration is the same and data as well, I even did a remote "create table as select * from ..." in between all instances and its all the same time expect when I came into the ONLY one instance and 2 schemas? can be that a distributed database link is taking double time to create table as select? Does any one came across this before? I called oracle support and they say yes its the link, I just can't believe that this can be double of time... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Maria Received on Mon Jan 19 2004 - 19:00:08 CST