Re: Huge IOT with BLOB column - good idea ?

From: Karsten Schmidt <groups_at_karsten-schmidt.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2004 23:52:18 -0800

"Tanel Poder" <change_to_my_first_name_at_integrid.info> wrote in message news:<40095caf$1_1_at_news.estpak.ee>...
> Hi!
>
> > I was wondering whether it would be worth while creating this as an
> > partitioned,
> > key compressed IOT, with the blob in the overflow segment.
>
> One thing is that you'll have Partitioning, IOT, array insert and LOB
> features together, you should check for bugs & problems first in this kind
> of co-usage.
>
> Tanel.

Thanks Tanel, Jonathan -
 I very much appreciate your feedback.
 This is going to be introduced over the course of 6 Months or so, during that time, there will always be the chance to fall back to conventional heap table.

 I have very good experiences with Partitioned Key- compressed IOT's - we have the in production on a large system since 2 years. I won't go with thew overflow segment. Johnathan is right (again..) - all the queries are to retrieve BLOB values.

Karsten Received on Mon Jan 19 2004 - 01:52:18 CST