changing workgroup corrupts autostart service on windows 2000?

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:06:03 GMT

Hi all,
I am experiencing problems with the autostart setting of a database service and instance, after changing the workgroup. This happens on Windows 2000 server + SP3 and Oracle 9.2.0.1.0. I found a message suggesting to recreate the service using ORADIM but it didn't work.
The event viewer does not show any entry for oracle unlike normally happens upon booting up the machine and also the ALRTxxxx.log file doesn't record anything.
It looks like the service doesn't start at all. All Oracle registry setting seem ok, I didn't change them since the db installation.
If I start the db manually, it works fine. I am going to reinstall Oracle from scratch unless someone comes up with a solution first.

Any ideas?
Bye,
Flavio