Re: Problems running Oracle / Performance

From: Alexander Zbiek <ARMistice_at_gmx.de>
Date: 16 Jan 2004 08:05:27 -0800

Rehi again,

the Server now runs for a couple of days some changes here .. a few indexes
dropped and recreated ... and ... it runs much faster now. (From Highload average of 5.00 down to 1.00 to 2.00) It does not run really great compared to
the system it was installed before.

And I really wonder why creating indexes anew would speedup DB use .. or is the
analyze stuff still working and getting better performance over time?

I should ask an oracle? :)

After getting my support id for metalink I could now run statspack which always tell me stuff about "TX enqueues" which I dont really understand :/

For you who is so friendly to try to help me here is the link where you can download 4 of the statspackresults under load. (I could provide more of them if needed)

Statspack: http://www.brettspielwelt.de/Other/sp_10_14.lst

For now my understanding of TX enqueues is that there are locks on tables which
are accessed at the same time. (I have normally about 5 concurrent clients connected to the DB) But what to do against that I dont know ...

So if somebody can help me I would be very happy and thankfull.

    Many thanx in advance

        Alexander Zbiek