Re: sql syntax ... join

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:06:51 -0800

Jon wrote:

> Hi, I like to know if it is possible to make a simple join but based on an
> expression like the following one
>
> select * from table1 a, table2 where a.trim(cod) = b.cod
>
> thanks

Absolutely. I'm sort of surprised you evern asked rather than just trying it.

Same goes for many functions such as UPPER, LOWER, DECODE, etc. Use every tool you can ... and in the context of a SELECT statement ... don't be afraid to just try it out ... on a small table of course.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu